I understand how stressful it can be planning your wedding because I have planned my own wedding and done it all myself. I got engaged December 2010 and married in September 2012, this year I will be celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary!
So let’s have a look at what you need and do first……
- Get a notebook for your notes to help you keep organized.
- Think of who you would like as your maid of honor and arrange for her to come round and have a cuppa and wedding chat.
- Work out your budget, what can you spend, what can you save up ect.
- Visit Pinterest for ideas and wedding magazines, you can make a “Dream Board” in your notebook or folder.
- Research wedding planners if you can and want one to help you with your wedding.
- Think of a few dates, do you want off season or in the season, pick a few just in case they don’t have availability on hat date at your venue.
- Think about having an engagement party.
- Consider if you want wedding insurance, just in case anything happens.
- Arrange a meet up with your married friends so get ideas and advice.
I have previously talked about this, Visit Junes blog entry.
A photographer, yep I hope you choose me! If I’m quite not what you’re looking for, do ask me and I will give you my recommended photographers.
- Four seasons: Address: 43 Lord Street. Website:
- Interflora: Address: 28 Marshals Yard.
- Pink Orchid: Address: 43 Heaton Street.
- On the high street: Marks & Sparks, Tescos or Co-OP
- Argos: Address: Unit 1, Market Hall, 31-37 Silver Street, Gainsborough.
- Stanly Hunt Jewelers Address: 26 Beaumont St, Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough.
- Anglo Swiss Jewelers: Adress: 96 Trinity St, Gainsborough.
- Barns & son: Address: 40 Lord St, Gainsborough.
Wedding Dress & Bridesmaid dress:
- Olvia’s of Gainsborough: 4 Ashcroft Rd, Gainsborough.
- Browns in Marshall’s yard stock Phaze 8 dresses.
- Traveling out to Scunthorpe, Lincolns or Brigg.
- Street Cafe: 94 Trinity Street, Gainsborough.
- Nibbles: 14 Lea Road.
- The Almighty Pineapple: http://www.almightypineapple.co.uk
- Hog Roast and Barbecue: http://www.hogroastandbarbecue.co.uk/weddingcatering.html
- Hickman Hill: Cox’s Hill, Gainsborough.
- Eastbourne House: 81 Trinty Street, Gainsborough.
- The white heart hotel: 43 Lords Street, Gainsborough.
- No 12, Morton Terrace: 12 Morton Terrace, Gainsborough.
- 1 stop cake shop: The station building, Lea Rd, Gainsborough.
- Cupcakes: 13b Marshall’s Yard, Beaumont Street, Gainsborough.
- The Cake Boutique: Ropery Road, Gainsborough.
- Sweet Ruby J’s: http://www.sweetrubyjscupcakes.co.uk/contact.html
- Sarah’s Cakes and Bakes: https://www.facebook.com/Sarahs-Cakes-Bakes-267013360161821/
Hair and Makeup Artist:
- Tiffany Jenkins: Kreative makeup:
- The Lavender Clinic: https://www.facebook.com/jessicajonesmakeup/
- Belle Fiore: 3a The pattern store, Marshals Yard, Gainsborough (Behind)
- Amethyst hair and nails: 98trinityy street, Gainsborough.
- Hair: Salon 5: 5 Lord Street, Gainsborough.
- Hair: Stringers: Britiania house, Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough.
- The Hair Gallery: 6-8 Hickman Street, Gainsborough.
- Pink Pamper: Hair and Nails: 10 Church street, Gainsborough.
- The Shearing Shed: 28Caskatestreet, Gainsborough.
I love this in depth planning guide:
Okay, so they are the main key players in town for planning your wedding or event.
I hope that you find my blog content of use, please follow and share with your friends and family.
Love and light, Victoria.